_WELCOME TO SANGAM KALA GROUP ...
- Entry into the Surtarang Competition is open to all interested persons between the ages of 5 and 26 years of age on the day of audition
- Eligible participants will be allocated to one of the following categories:
(A) Over 5 years and under 12 years old – Sub-Junior Category (B)
(B) Over 12 years and under 18 years old – Junior Category (J)
(C) Over 18 years and under 28 years old – Senior Category (S)
(D) Over 28 years – Platinum Category (P) only for Surtarang Local Competition
- Participants will be required to complete a participation form and verify their date of birth at the time of competition
- Interested participants must pay the prescribed fee and forward their completed no later than date/time stipulated on application form.
SONG SELECTION & FEES
- Participants can sing either a Film or a Non Film song per entry. Songs from movies are considered to be Film songs. All other songs are considered as Non Film songs.
- Participant can sing in any language in the competition. However participants should take note that only songs in any of the ethnic Indian languages will be considered in the Indian Competition. Songs in "English" will not considered at the Indian competition.
- Participants can sing between one and four songs if they desire, upon payment of the prescribed fee per song. At all times we reserves the right to accept or reject any entry without assigning any reason
- The prescribed fee per song is listed below: The participation fee is not transferable and non-refundable.
Sub-Junior category - $15 per song
Junior Category - $15 per song
Senior Category - $15 per song.
Platinum Category - $15 per song.
- The time permitted for each song is 3 minutes. At judges discretion can however, extend or curtail the duration.
AUDITION & COMPETITION RESULTS
- Auditions of all participants will be held at a designated venue in Naperville.
- All participants must register and report to the reception counter of the respective venue at least 30 minutes before the scheduled performance time.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to check and confirm their scheduled audition time with the competition coordinator at the reception desk.
- Participants can choose to sing without any accompanying musical instrument.
- Should the participant choose to sing with accompanying instruments, then participant is ONLY allowed use of a tabla and a harmonium as accompanying instruments and will be required to provide their own musicians.
- Participant wishing to use alternative instruments to the tabla and harmonium must get approval in writing
- The audition will be Video/Audio recorded and sent to SKG India for judging. No judging will be done on the audition day. The judging will be done by a panel of judges appointed by SKG India, which may comprise of persons related to the Indian Musical industry and the Bollywood industry.
- The decision of the panel of judges will be final and no enquiries relating to the judges decision will be entertained in any manner whatsoever.
- All rights relating to the recording of the audition will vest in Sangam Kala Group USA and no participant will be entitled to raise any objection to the recording taking place or to the usage of such recorded material by SKGUSA at any time whatsoever. It is clarified that participation in this audition by a participant would amount to the participants consent to be audio/video recorded and a consent to SKGUSA and SKG India using such recorded material at its own discretion.
- All participants will be notified of the judges results as soon as results are obtained from India.
- The successful participants, as selected by the panel of judges will be invited to SKG to travel to India at his/her own costs to compete in the Inter-regional finals which will be conducted by SKG India. This competition generally takes place in New Delhi in Jan/February each year.
- The judges may also select outstanding candidates to participate as a guest item considering him/her as a International visitor in the finals.
INDIAN SURTARANG COMPETITION
- The responsibility of SKGUSA is as far as this event is concerned in merely to identify potential participants for the “Surtarang” competition taking place in India. Once this is done the role of SKGUSA will come to an end and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- The judging of the USA competition will be done in India by a panel of judges appointed by SKG India. The decision of the panel of judges will be final and no enquiries relating to the judges decision will be entertained in any manner whatsoever.
- SKGUSA will advise all participants of the outcome and invite all successful candidates to participate in the competition in India.
TICKETS & VISA
- All selected participants who thereafter travel to India to participate at any level shall be doing so at their own expense and risk. SKGUSA does not have any control in selection of winners or any control in the organisation of the event in India.
- All participants/guardians will be responsible for obtaining their visas, airline tickets and for all other related costs (eg medical costs etc.).
- All selected participants/guardians who elect to travel to and within India to participate at any level, shall be doing so at their own expense and risk.
- It is recommended that participants under 18 years old are accompanied by one guardian whilst in India.
- Participants traveling to India may wish to contact other participants whilst in USA to organize travel arrangements etc. SKGUSA is unable to share contact details of participants due to the Privacy Act without your permission
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD IN INDIA
- Boarding and lodging facilities for successful all candidates may be provided by SKG India for the duration of the competition.
- Boarding and lodging may also be provided for one guardian per candidate for all candidates under 12 years of age only.
- Accommodation will be provided by Sangam Kala Group India at a venue designated by SKG. Please take note SKG USA does not have any influence on type of accommodation provided and/or for any failure by SKG India to provide such boarding or lodging facilities.
- Participants with more than one guardian will generally be required to make their own arrangements for the additional people. In some instances accommodation and food for additional guardians may be provided by SKG India at their discretion. Participants with more than one guardian should contact SKG Indian directly with their queries.
- All Food will be provided by Sangam Kala Group India for the duration of the competition in New Delhi. Participants must advise the coordinator at time of registration of any dietary requirements they may have.
- The participants and their guardians are responsible for all other related costs.
REGISTRATION IN INDIA
- All participants will be required to register in person in New Delhi on designated day prior to start of competition. Details of registration venue, etc, will be forwarded to all participants as soon as that information becomes available to SKGUSA.
- Participants will be required to complete a participation form and submit a copy of his/her passport or any other valid form of identity which must contain the participant's date of birth
- Please take note that a participants Category ranking in India may be different for the Indian Competition from the USA auditions, as it will be determined by your age at time of enrolment in India.
- Participants will generally be required to sing in the same category on which basis they were selected in USA, if a candidate as selected in Film category in USA, then they will be required to sing in that category. However if the participant strongly feels that he/she wants to sing in a different category then you may be able to negotiate a change with registrar at time of registration - Changes may be allowed at discretion of SKG India.
- Participant may be able to choose and perform his/her own song at the discretion of SKG India. Songs must be listed at time of registration.
- Participants can only sing ONE song in any Indian language at the competition. Songs sung in a non-indian language will disqualify the competitor from the competition. Please take note, "English" is not considered an Indian language for this competition.
- The time permitted for each song is 3 minutes. SKG India can however, extend or curtail the duration at their discretion.
- In the event that a participant is not able to reach the finals of Surtarang, SKG may allow talented participants as per SKG standards to present a song in the competition, considering him/her as an international visitor, but which would not be a part of the competition.
- Successful participants will be required to sing the same song in the All India / International finals that they sing in the inter-regional semi-finals (and which is on the basis a participant is selected). Failure to do so will disqualify the participant.
- Participants cannot enter any other contest in India whilst they are attending the Surtarang Competition. Participants may be able to enter other local competitions after completion of Surtarang after getting permission from the USA Co-ordinators.
- There will be separate shields, prizes and commendation certificates which shall be awarded to the winners and participants of the finals level for each category of songs in each age group. Scholarship may also be given to the really talented voices for learning music, entirely subject to the decision of SKG
- There will be two winners for each category in the Finals.
- The Finals are generally telecast on the National Indian television channels.
- For the USA candidates, recognition may be in the form of trophies, scholarships, exposure in the media and chance to perform in front of a large audience, which may include Bollywood personalities and members of the Indian music industry.
- Partcipants are not permitted to go for shopping, touring or visiting friends/relatives from time of registration till end of competition, without approval from the USA Coordinator. Failure to comply may jeopardize your participation in the competition.
Saturday, August 6, 2011 12:00 PM
© 2006 - 2011 Simply Vedic. All rights reserved